Crown Fire Emergency Recovery Summit convenes August 25th to provide education and guidance to homeowners and commercial property owners who suffered property damage – and in some cases, total property loss – in the recent Southern California Wildfires.
Palmdale, CA August 15th, 2010 : Palmdale and Lancaster property owners now face the daunting task of recovery. The media spotlight has moved on since the recent Crown Fire and other wildfires. Many property owners feel completely alone and without resources. A local coalition of business and community leaders have organized an upcoming free summit – the Crown Fire Emergency Recovery Summit – in hopes of meeting the great need with education, tips and resources.
The Crown Fire Emergency Recovery Summit will convene on August 25th in downtown Palmdale, CA. There is no charge to attend and residents are encouraged to spread the word throughout the community. The summit will feature local experts in the areas of property insurance claims, catastrophe construction / restoration, disaster tax relief and more.
The event is designed to offer participants the opportunity to speak one-on-one with disaster experts, if they are comfortable doing so. Also, residents may attend the formal education sessions scheduled throughout the summit.
Crown Fire Emergency Recovery Summit breakout sessions:
- Homeowners: Understanding insurance claim processes to maximize settlement
- Commercial insurance claims – from structural loss to lost revenue to inventory loss
- Renters: What are your rights after a fire?
- Smoke damage: 10 Critical Rules for Health and Safety
- Ash/Soot issues, removal and risks
- Fact vs. Myth: How important are contractor ‘certifications?’
- Respiratory Health: Controlling asthma and determining health risks
- Asthma and our advancing knowledge of respiratory ailments
About the Crown Fire Emergency Recovery Summit.
The Crown Fire Emergency Recovery Summit is an event convened with the sole intention of helping property owners successfully navigate the confusing path toward recovery following the recent Crown Fire and other California Wildfires.
Exact event location and times have yet to be determined as organizers scramble to secure a suitable location to meet the demand. To recommend or donate venues to this important event, please contact the office of summit participant and co-chair John Morgenstern, Public Adjuster at 800-602-9915.